Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Updates

Okay, I got the computer to work a little better so I am going to write about a few things that have been going on with me.

Ward Conference
Our ward conference was on Sunday and it was really good! I especially loved our bishop's talk. He challenged us to make this next year the best year we have ever had. Whatever we need to be working on, we should make goals accordingly. He also gave specific challenges including attending the temple often, memorizing 20 scriptures, and memorizing 5 hymns. He shared experiences that other members of our ward had shared with him as they worked on these same goals last year. I know this synopsis isn't near as powerful as the actual talk he gave, but I still had to share because it was so significant to me. I am convinced that he is who Heavenly Father wants as our bishop and I am grateful that he was able to accept this calling.

Car Trouble
So Sama had his trip to San Antonio  yesterday and today. There were several people in his major that were also invited and one of them offered to drive to the airport. I was so grateful for this because it meant I didn't have to wake up at 5:30 to drive to the airport. I still had to drive to the student health center where they were meeting, but no biggie because I could just drive right back home and go back to sleep. In general I just don't like to drive long distances. As a side note, part of this problem was because I needed glasses. I still passed my eye exam for my drivers test, but I had to be all squinty. Anyway, glasses are so much better, but I still don't like to drive. So, yesterday morning we went to meet up with the other people who were driving and Sama and I both got out of the car to hug goodbye and trade places. Then we both shut our doors....and one of us also locked them. It is both of our habits to lock the doors, but we can't remember who did it this time. Not that it matters anyway of course.

You know that crazy feeling you get when you realize you locked yourself out of your car? It is really amazing to me how we keep trying and checking all the doors and thinking that there must be an easy way in when there just isn't. One of the guys said that BYU has a locksmith service, which was so good to know because we didn't have to pay for it! It is actually just the campus police with a locksmith kit, but that's all we needed! But we didn't want to make the other guys wait so they left and we went to the airport on our own. It was unfortunate though because the guy who came to unlock our car was super slow! Not once he actually opened the car, but he had to walk around his car like three times gathering things and then a couple more times for who knows what before finally getting over to our car. Oh well. I am glad there are even services like that. So I ended up driving after all and it was fine. We are going to be making some extra keys now! Obviously we both have keys but that didn't help us because they were both in the car.


Tiredness
I have actually been able to get a lot done in the way of cleaning and organizing the last week and a half or so even though I have been in pain from my pregnancy and a little tired. So now I am in the mode of getting things done and want to keep that up because it always feels better to get things done and I just feel like I am accomplishing things. But the last two days I have been super sleepy. And then I can't sleep that well because there is so much I want to be doing! I actually have a little more energy now, so I am going to go out and do the grocery shopping. Normally this would have been done yesterday, but I was just too tired!

In general I have been feeling (mood wise that is) really good lately! I am happy about this because who doesn't like to feel good?! Physically things are not that great, but all the discomfort and pain is totally worth it because in about two and a half more months we will get to meet our new baby! I love her so much already and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment