Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lamaze

Here are a few of the pictures from Monday night when we celebrated Sama's birthday. His cake was kind of (totally) girly, but oh well. It tasted good! I guess I should have specified colors when I ordered it, but I ordered it on short notice so it doesn't really matter.






Lamaze
I went to Lamaze for the first time last night. It was a 2 1/2 hour class! I guess in preparing to give birth that is pretty reasonable, but it seems like a long time. I had the time, but Sama didn't really. He still came though! I am really happy about that because I would have been the only one by myself. Sad day.

Anyway, the class was really good. I was kind of expecting some crazy teacher making us do weird breathing exercises the whole time, but it wasn't like that at all. Yes, breathing exercises were taught, but it was normal enough. And I really like the teacher; she is well informed and has a fun teaching style. We talked about labor statistics, myths, why it is important to be prepared for childbirth, and a little about what our body is doing right now during pregnancy. Then we did the breathing exercises and practiced different birthing positions. We also talked about comfort during pregnancy and what things we can do. Overall, I really like this class so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment