Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Bread!

I keep meaning to do my visiting teaching for church and then I never really do it. But I took a step in the right direction by calling my companion. She didn't answer of course, but that's okay. I decided I would make pumpkin bread for the women I am supposed to visit. So this morning I walked to the little store by our house and bought some ingredients. I had asked my sister if she had a favorite pumpkin bread recipe and she didn't. But she did say that she liked to get a spice cake mix and mix it with pumpkin puree instead of the eggs, oil, and water. She had made a chocolate cake like that before and it was yummy! So I decided to do that and also find a pumpkin bread recipe to try. Here is a link to the recipe I used. It is DELICIOUS! I made muffins instead actually and I didn't have cloves, but they are some of the best pumpkin treats I have ever had. I also added a little cream cheese frosting on top of each one. So yummy! Now I just need to deliver them. Oh, and this recipe makes about 4 dozen muffins. My table is currently covered in muffins! I definitely liked the spice cake pumpkin muffins too, but I liked this recipe better. Probably because it is far more unhealthy. But oh well!

My friend Horte came  over and helped me make these. It was fun hanging out and talking while we baked these. Then the little neighbor kids came over to play with our Wii. They love it. All we have as far as games are the Wii Fit, another fitness game, and the sports games it came with. But they love Wii fit and always want to play. There are 5 kids in the family and 4 that come to play (the other is a baby). Today they came 2 at a time which I think works better so that they are not all trying to play at once. Then Horte's husband, Limhi, came over and started playing with them. We kept trying to tell him that they only had 30 minutes to play, but he still played anyhow. I think the kids liked playing with him though (he is a pretty fun guy). After the kids left the three of us had lunch together (Sama was at work). I made some stir-fry and really liked it. I tried a new teriyaki sauce recipe that was delicious.

Tonight Sama and I are going out to run some errands. Nothing too exciting, but it is nice to spend time together. But first there is a soccer game on so that is the priority! For Sama, not me. I will be out delivering muffins!

Happy Saturday to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment