Thursday, June 23, 2011

Heart Healthy Week: Updates

Tuesday was pork with rice and a salad. It was okay but not that great. Probably won't make it again. Here is the recipe if you are interested in a healthy dinner that is okay but not my fave.

Wednesday was the farmer's market. Sama and I had an okay time but we both ended up getting our dinner other places. I had a veggie pizza from Whole Foods and Sama had a sandwich from Muchas Gracias.

Today we had Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers. I thought they were pretty good! A little bland, but you could always add more seasoning, cheese (kind of defeating if you want a healthier meal though), or tomato sauce.

Overall I am feeling really good about these heart healthy meals. They still have a lot more flavor than I thought and are decent. Some are even delicious! I have a few more planned for next week too.

The BEST accomplishment for me this week has been no sweets! I feel super good about that. It is hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. I have been chewing a lot of gum though :) Sweet enough to keep sugar cravings away. Tomorrow night I get sweets again. The weekend is okay, but next week I will be doing this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment