Saturday, June 25, 2011

Feeling Like I Would Do ANYTHING For Sleep!!!

Okay so Natalie is not the best sleeper. She just isn't. It has been like that since we moved. Every once in awhile she will go 4 or 5 (I think our record is 6!!) hours straight at a time. But then it is up every hour or so after that. Which means I only get a couple of uninterrupted hours of sleep since she goes down about 7:30 or so. Anyway, she mostly sleeps with us. Which is kind of nice when you are first falling asleep and get to cuddle with her but not so nice for staying asleep. I would love to put her in her crib...awake....and have her stay there all night long!!! But I just don't have that baby. I don't like cry it out. Been there and tried that. Natalie just escalates and screams bloody murder! And then won't calm down for a long time even after you pick her up.

Anyway...All this is just to explain that we have just had the WORST NIGHT EVER!!! Natalie wouldn't stay for more than 45 min when we put her down at night. After going to bed she hardly slept at all. I was kind of a zombie through all this but it was basically sleep for 30-45 min and wake up. Then I would try to get her back to sleep patting her. If that didn't work I would nurse her. Yes I realize I may have just nursed her an hour ago but I was kind of desperate here people! Then repeat about 30 min later. Then finally realize hey! It's the weekend! Sama can help! But I was kind of not sure about that because starting a couple days ago Natalie doesn't seem to like to be with anyone but me when she is upset. Not even her dad?!! Anyway, I finally did ask. And Sama is wonderful so he helped. And an hour later she would be back and it would be my turn again. I am sure she never slept the whole hour. But she would always be awake for me an hour later when it was my turn again. This went on for a few hours. So now? We just got up. I am giving Sama a few more hours sleep and then it is his turn again.

We had a lot of plans today, but I am just exhausted and have no idea if we will actually do anything!

Okay, rant over. Natalie, I LOVE YOU TO PIECES! But, sweetheart, I need sleep!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment