Monday, June 13, 2011

Health

I often think about writing more on my blog and then I think of how much I haven't written about and just don't. How silly. I used to do that with my journals. I wouldn't write because I thought if I did I would just have to write a ton updating my whole life since I hadn't been writing. Anyway, maybe a few updates today but mostly I just want to get back in the habit of writing!

Health
This is a big thing for me right now and something I am really struggling with. Why is it so stinkin hard for me to not eat sweets?! Even though I am overweight and my cholesterol is dangerously high I seem to have a huge problem changing my eating habits. It seems ridiculous, right!? I think it is. So I am working at it. Any encouragement is greatly appreciated!

Natalie
Natalie is amazing! I just love her so much. She is so smart and the sweetest little girl. She wins lots of friends by smiling at anyone who talks to her. She is rolling over. She will giggle and laugh but not very often so it is really fun when she does. She is interested in everything going on around her to the point where I have a hard time feeding her sometimes as she just pulls away to look around over and over again.

We started solids a few weeks ago but mostly we just breastfeed. She loves eating other food but everything except rice cereal didn't seem to agree with her. So we have backed off of that for now and every few days she gets some rice cereal. I was excited to start her on solids as she has been so interested in our food, but I am kind of content to wait a little longer now.

Discount Furniture
So we bought a couch when we first moved here from a discount furniture store. It was a good price and we liked it but unfortunately it had just sold. Soooo, we ordered another one and they told us it would be one month. Kind of a long wait but okay. So last weekend it had been a month. We hadn't heard anything so we called them to find out where things were at. And guess what? The guy said he had no idea why we were told only one month because it wouldn't be delivered until mid-July! WHAT? REALLY? And all sales are final because it is a discount place. Whatever. But really? Even though we were lied to? Anyway, they brought us a loaner couch until ours arrives. So we at least have something. It is just frustrating though. But I guess that is why it was so stinkin cheap. Definitely going to rethink buying from places like this again!

Car
We bought a car after we got here. We paid cash and it felt so great!!! I love not worrying about payments. However, it is kind of hard sometimes just having one car. The good thing is that I am not completely isolated here because our apartments are surrounded by all kinds of things. We have a mall across the street, restaurants, grocery stores, parks, etc. So at least there is that. Someday we will get a second car.

Church
We really like our new ward so far. People have been really friendly and nice to us. Last night we had an ice cream social and met a lot of new people. It is interesting because it seems like everyone we talk to also works for Intel. They just have so many campuses here so it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment