Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cloth Diapers

So I gathered up some old clothing that I got for free and I have been making my own fitted cloth diapers! They are really, really homemade looking, but they will be inside a cover and I think I am getting better! I am enjoying my little project though.

We also have received our orders of cloth diapers! I have 2 Charlie Banana, 2 Flips, 1 Rumparooz, and 2 GroVia. Plus an assortment of prefolds and inserts. I washed 5 of them and am setting 2 aside in case we don't like them as well and want to trade them in for a different brand. We will definitely be needing more covers, but I really think I just might make the rest because I am enjoying it so much! And of course it is cheaper and will save us even more money. It is weird, I feel like I am doing a lot to save money, but when I think of how we would get by doing things differently (disposable diapers/wipes instead of cloth, formula instead of breastfeeding, used/hand me down clothes instead of all new, etc.) it doesn't seem like it could work. I know we would be fine, but still. I guess it would be nice to see those savings all at once and be able to spend just a little of it for something fun. Oh well, Sama graduates soon and we will be a little better off then. Not a lot though because we are making paying off our student loans a priority! So we will do that before we get used to a higher standard of living. And really, I feel like we have a lot more than we need. We can't do everything we want, but we have everything we need and more.

Okay, so if you really want to know more about cloth diapers there is an overload of information online. But I came across this article when I was first researching it and, yes, getting kind of obsessed and excited about my decision to cloth diaper. The article is by Erin and I have since started following her blog. Love it!  Here is the link. You should read it because it is fun!

And now for some pictures. I made some fitted diapers, prefolds, cloth wipes, and I also made a baby blanket! I am pretty proud of it because it isn't even crooked! At least not much :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Your covers look good! Did you make those? That purple color is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them, but they are not waterproof so I will need to use a cover with them!

    ReplyDelete