Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Updates

Pregnancy
So during my second trimester I often got nauseated after just a couple bites of food. Finally that went away....until now! It is back. Sad day. Not as bad as before at least! And I am not actually getting sick from it either. So that's good.

My hands get numb every time I sleep. Numb and tingly. I read that this is carpal tunnel and can happen during pregnancy. Weird! Anyway, it has been happening for awhile but now is worse. Sometimes I have to check to see that my fingers really are not the size of hammers. Because they feel like that! But nope, just weird numbness. Whatever! Hope it goes away after having the baby!

As always, I don't mind dealing with the discomforts because it is so worth it! I can't wait for baby Natalie to arrive. And it is getting closer and closer all the time!

Photos of me at 35 weeks. Please ignore the fact that I am as large as the Christmas tree :) Also a n ote to my sister that we have kept the stockings you gave us the first year we were married. Aren't they great?!



I had Sama take these pictures of me today because I am actually feeling pretty. Yesterday I (finally) bought another bra. Sorry if that is TMI. I really only had one that fit right and that was not enough. So while there I found this pretty dress on clearance and treated myself to it. It is so wonderfully comfortable too! Plus I walked around the mall for about an hour and counted that as my exercise for the day. Fun stuff! Besides that I also got some new make-up, well just a liquid to powder foundation, for just $5 from Melaleuca when they had their Black Friday sale. It is good stuff! I used it for the first time and it was great.

School
This is more a hooray for the fact that this semester is almost over! Sama has been so busy with school, work, and traveling for interviews. But now everything is coming to a close and he will have a much easier semester starting January! He only has 6 credits/2 classes left so that is great. We were worried that he might not get enough financial aid because of only going half time, but he is still getting a Pell Grant! I am really happy about that! I am doing Melaleuca and making a little money but not enough yet to make up the difference in paying for school. Hopefully soon that will change!

Cloth Diapers
I only went to one store on Black Friday (I bought the make-up online) and it was busy of course, but not crazy and no long lines either! Anyway, I went to Joann's and got fabric for cloth diapers. Yay! Okay, so maybe it is just exciting to me but that's okay. I am getting better at it for sure, but I have had to pace myself because I don't want to make too many and find out that the pattern/style I am doing won't work for Natalie. I think I have 10 all together now. Some are quite sad looking, but the more recent ones actually aren't too bad! I even made two all in ones. I read that blizzard fleece works for diaper covers and I got a bunch of it for very cheap. I also got a lot of flannel for the inside and to make more cloth wipes. But then I started to worry that fleece wouldn't be enough for the covers. I still am not sure (I will let you know!) but I decided to use a layer of PUL in the wet zone. I am thinking that will be plenty. I had a few scraps of PUL and was able to use those. Plus if it turns out that it works well enough then it isn't too expensive either.

Here is a picture of some of my better ones. I experimented with different patterns and sizes. We'll see if they work!



I think that is all for now. I am going to go stay with the neighbor kids for a few minutes while their mom has to pick up the other kids. Should be fun! Hope you all are having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute!! And those diapers are AMAZING. I need to learn how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so stinking cute. Your belly is adorable. I am so proud of you for making those diapers. That is amazing. I sure wish I could sew, but soon I will because I am taking a sewing class next semester.

    ReplyDelete