Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Good Food

Guess what? It is 11 AM and Natalie is asleep. She has been sleeping for an hour and a half and she is STILL asleep. We normally just get 40 minute naps around here. It is so crazy I *almost* don't know what to do with myself. Almost.

First I made some yummy snickerdoodle cookies. See the recipe here. I thought I would only get through part of the process, but nope. Here I am!

Oh wait. Here's a tip. Don't blog about how your baby is still asleep because then she will wake up. Oh well. We got an hour and a half!

Anyway, I wanted to blog about some of my kitchen experiments! I'm trying to be healthy and all and still enjoy dessert so here's the latest. Sorry my pictures aren't that great but oh well.

Yesterday I made some fudge! I adapted it from Katie's recipe. I used coconut butter, banana, 1 TB chocolate chips, a little rice milk, cinnamon, salt, and a little agave. I would like to try a version without banana because it was VERY banana-y. But good! And fudgey. Very fudgey.


I made a green smoothie this morning! Yeah. Sorry for the picture. Maybe I should have omitted? Anyway, I had mangos and pineapples and so I googled for a green smoothie with those ingredients and found this recipe. I had all the ingredients so I gave it a shot. And it was YUMMY! I used to buy these creamy mango Popsicles from our local mexican store and I loved them. This tasted so similar! Even with spinach. Yep. It is true. Creamy dreamy mango smoothie: green edition. I also thought for sure I would be adding sweetener (you know me), but this was great on its own. And though the picture doesn't show it this way it was a bright PRETTY green smoothie. And I thought, hey I should make this around Christmas time for Natalie, nieces, nephews, etc. and call it a Grinch smoothie! I thought I was super clever and then googled it just to see. Nope, I am not super clever. Oh well. I still think it is a fun idea!

Sorry no pictures of the cookies. They are super delicious though. And if you follow the link above you will find some pictures there. They are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment