Sunday, January 16, 2011

Doing Well

Okay so breastfeeding did get harder again. I started pumping more and we were doing mostly bottle feedings. I slowly started breastfeeding again and at first Natalie had a hard time because of all the back and forth, but she got it. Now I am breastfeeding her whenever I feed her. But we still use a bottle at night or if I am sleeping for when Sama feeds her. She does great with both. I am now actually enjoying breastfeeding. It is a great bonding experience that I wasn't really feeling before when I was in so much pain.

Natalie is pretty amazing. She is really strong. She rolled over for the first time yesterday! It was amazing. She was really upset at the time because she hates being on her tummy for tummy time, but she did it! She did it twice and once again today. My baby is awesome :)

We are finally starting to get into a schedule. I guess it would have happened sooner, but my mom was here and then my mother-in-law was here so we were getting a lot of help and the routine would change. And then after we were alone again we finally started to get into a rhythm of our own. It feels nice.

Sama is an amazing dad. He is so sweet with Natalie and he helps out with everything. Well, he hasn't helped with her baths but mostly because he is gone when I give them to her. I thought he was afraid too (because I was!) but he says he isn't so maybe next time :) Oh and the great thing is that Natalie LOVES baths. Yay! I kept hearing that almost all babies hate baths, but I guess we are lucky.

I am glad things are starting to feel normal and not quite so overwhelming. Because I really wondered how anyone did this more than once. But now I am feeling a lot better about it! I am sure I will forget how hard it is the next time. But I think it will be much more bearable the second time because I know what to expect. Not that I didn't prepare for Natalie and learn a lot from reading and classes and friends, but that just doesn't even scratch the surface in my opinion :) I am glad I did those things for sure, but I just don't think anything could have completely prepared me.

Sama is back in school now and doing well so far. He has a much easier semester, which is awesome because he gets to spend more time at home. I love it. Sometimes I am jealous of him doing more than staying at home with Natalie. But I don't think I would switch places. I was focusing completely on Natalie and on recovering and that is still pretty much the case, but I feel like I have time for other things now as well. Not a lot of time. Actually just a teeny bit of time, but I can read or work at my job or whatever for a little bit each day.

Well, Natalie needs me so I will try to write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment