Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Enjoying Life Now

So I am always trying to improve myself. Usually I think most about improving my health and my weight! I often come across pictures of me from a few years ago and think. Wow! I looked so good then, why did I let myself gain so much weight? But I also remember that at the time I didn't feel like I looked that great! I remember wanting to lose weight. Haha. Life is crazy. Here are some then and now pictures. Is the difference as obvious as I am thinking it is?

5 years ago

4 years ago

3 years ago

2 years ago

1 year ago (I was pregnant...)

Now


I am still trying to get healthier and lose weight. It is a constant struggle for me. But... I am working on it....still :) The more I want to get healthy for just being healthy rather than just trying to lose weight to look a certain way, the easier it gets. Though it is still not easy. I find that reading about health, trying new healthy recipes, and trying new forms of exercise are all things that have helped me get and stay motivated. Anyway,  the reason for writing this post...looking at pictures where I think I looked better but remembering at the time that I wanted to lose weight made me realize something. I am trying to get healthier and there is only so much I can do at a time. I need to appreciate myself today! I need to live more in the moment and enjoy what I have. I am blessed in so many ways! That is what I should focus on! So it can be hard for me but I think I have a new goal of appreciating myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment