Sunday, August 21, 2011

Running and New Shoes

 So my sister started doing C25K, which stands for "couch to 5K" and I started doing it too! I actually started a couple weeks ago and made the mistake of doing too much too soon. I didn't really know not to go running/walking every day and even after I did, I still did sometimes because I got a running partner and sometimes our schedules weren't on track and I would still run two days in a row. So anyway, I ended up hurting my knee and was told by the nurse to stop running until it got better. So I have been walking, but am anxious to get started again! I have been worried because it hasn't really improved, but I finally gave in and got a knee brace and it has actually really helped! So maybe I can get back to it in a few days! There is a 5K on Thanksgiving and I am hoping to do it with my sister!

Yesterday Sama and I went to Adidas because we had a great discount through his company and I got some new supportive running shoes. I really like them! I am hoping they can keep me excited/motivated for the next few days until I get back into my routine. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment