Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Fall

So at about 4:30 AM this morning Natalie had her first fall. Actually I pushed her out of bed. How could I have done that!!!!??? We did just buy her a crib and she stays there until at some point she wakes up and I am too tired to get her back to sleep by walking around with her. Then she comes to bed with me. Anyway I had her next to me and moved over in my sleep. I guess that whole "sixth sense" of knowing where your baby is wasn't working because when I moved, Natalie did too. Onto the floor!!!!

At first I was calm and thinking hey I know this happens sometimes, she's fine. So I tried to calm her down and after her crying and realizing what had happened sunk in a bit more I admit I started to freak out a little bit. Sama took her so I could "calm down." Which didn't actually happen for about an hour. Our room had been kind of a mess and I am so glad she didn't hit her head on anything. So in my crazed state I cleaned the bedroom, did some laundry, and really just cleaned for awhile. It took me awhile after that to hold Natalie again. I mean I know it was an accident and that she is totally fine, but there was still that huge emotional guilt.

Anyway, we are all fine now. Natalie is fine. Sama was amazing being there for both me and Natalie. Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment